DAVID M DUNNE, JD/MBA/ENGINEER
Licensed to Practice Law in NY & NJ
From criminal defense in the courtroom to business law in the boardroom, David M Dunne is skilled at handling everything from corporate transactions and negotiations, to criminal defense and litigation. Experienced Attorney with a demonstrated history of working to help clients achieve the greatest results. Skilled in Intellectual Property Law, License & Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Contracts, Trademarks, and Criminal Defense. Strong legal professional with a Juris Doctor from Rutgers University School of Law – Newark, an MBA in Finance from Pace University, Lubin Graduate School of Business, and an Engineering Degree from Rutgers College of Engineering.
DAVID M. DUNNE, ESQ. LLC, Clifton, NJ 2015 – Present
Attorney at Law
- Skilled litigator in the areas of Criminal and Civil Defense
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills with a focus on software and technology, digital publishing, and brand licensing.
- Experience providing IP legal services ranging from patent, trademark, and copyright. Assists inventors with provisional patent applications.
- Deep understanding of investment agreements, employment agreements, and corporate shareholder agreements
- Experience registering and maintaining trademarks with the USPTO, CIPO and WIPO.
- Knowledge of corporate and IP financing deals with a strong focus on IP valuation, compliance, and risk mitigation.
- Key “of counsel” member of the in-house legal team responsible for developing franchise agreements – with a focus on trademark usage such as trade dress and branding.
- Negotiates and drafts legal documents for commercial transactions, M&A deals, NDAs, licensing contracts, and preparation for complex litigation for corporations and individuals.
- Prepares employment contracts, consulting agreements, trademarks, and copyright registrations.
- Identifies potential liability and advises on regulatory compliance risk & policies for businesses
- Actively participates on a 3-member arbitration panels that decide securities related controversies between financial organizations and investors for Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
PONZINI AND PONZINI, Paramus, NJ 2017 – 2018
Attorney at Law – General Litigation
- Business entity sales/purchases, M&A, and JV’s – creates and files client appropriate entities, drafts and negotiates operating/shareholder agreements, asset purchase agreements, promissory notes, JV agreements, pledge and security agreements, terms sheets, settlement statements.
• Real estate transactions – represents commercial and residential real estate buyers and sellers, such as first time buyers, builders, flippers, and investment management companies from the initial contract through closing of title.
• Banking/Commercial lending/Leveraged finance – works with major banks and SBA on real estate and special asset debt restructuring. Drafts agreements, notes, and guarantees. Negotiates cross collateralization liens, creditor payoffs, pledge and security agreements, and settlement statements.
• Contract and credit disputes – represents both sides in NJ Superior Court in Consumer Protection, construction, HOA, landlord-tenant, and unsecured debt matters. Drafts complaints, answers, discovery requests and responses, motions, and briefs.
BRANIGAN AND ASSOCIATES, West Orange, NJ 2017
Attorney at Law – General Litigation
- Successfully defended clients in municipal & superior court for criminal and quasi-criminal matters.
- Managed project timelines and provided communication of legal options to all stakeholders.
LAW OFFICES OF ANTHONY Q. FLETCHER, New York, NY 2013 – 2016
Attorney at Law – Corporate Transactions and Litigation
- Represented corporations and individuals in shareholder disputes, goods contracts (UCC), service contracts, joint ventures, licensing agreements, real estate leases, employment contracts.
I TO THE FUTURE, LTD., Park Ridge, NJ 2007 – 2012
Senior Legal Officer
- Skillfully negotiated and drafted technology and media property licensing contracts, joint-venture agreements, SaaS agreements, and M&A proposals with media companies such as Discovery Communications (US), Discovery International (Asia/Pacific), and large retailers such as Toys R Us and Sears. Responsible for regulatory compliance.
- Developed a successful legal business strategy resulting in multiple rounds of corporate investment.
- Worked as a liaison to management, advisors, and board members balancing goals with risk analysis.
- Oversaw a growing national and international IP portfolio valued at over $26 million.
MEMBERSHIP AND BAR ADMISSIONS
State of New Jersey
State of New York
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – Arbitrator, Series 7, and 66
State of New York and State of New Jersey – Insurance Producer
RUTGERS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW CLINIC, Newark, NJ – Senior Student Associate 2013 – 2015
NEW YORK CITY COMPTROLLER, New York, NY – Summer Associate, Office of the General Counsel 2014
KINGS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY, Brooklyn, NY – Summer Associate, Domestic Violence Unit 2012
Rutgers School of Law – Newark, Newark, NJ
Juris Doctor, 2015
Pace University, Lubin Graduate School of Business, New York, NY
Master of Business Administration, Financial Management, 2010
Rutgers University, College of Engineering, New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, 1993
ABA/Bloomberg-BNA Intellectual Property Award Finalist
Omicron Delta Epsilon International Economics Honor Society